Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter 10 program crash in BIDTaskListController

I'm working through the "Passing a Task from the List" section of the chapter and I've come to where you first run the program after implementing the BIDTaskListController and BIDTaskDetailController code. The program is crashing with the error:
Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUknownKeyException', reason: '[<BIDTaskDetailController 0x081391f0> setValue: forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key selection.'

My code is showing an Undeclared selector 'setSelection' warning at the line (in BIDTaskListController.m)
if ([destination respondsToSelector:@selector(setSelection:)])
which causes the program to crash at the line
[destination setValue:selection forKey:@"selection:"];

I understand the reason for the crash but not why I'm getting the warning message in the first place. The sample code runs fine but is significantly different from what the book shows, having an entire class (BIDRootViewController) that is not present in the book's version, making it difficult to find the error simply by comparing code. :)

I am using Xcode 5.0.2 so I am wondering if there are some changes in iOS 7 that may be related to this problem even though I have the project's Deployment Target set to iOS 6.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA,
Brian